DTC bus kills nilgai
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
A DTC bus crushed a nilgai under its wheels near NCERT in South Delhi around 10 pm on Friday. Eyewitnesses told the police that the nilgai or antelope was crossing the road towards Qutab Institutional Area, when it was hit by a DTC bus plying on route number 680.
A teashop owner and JNU students told police that the bus driver had fled the spot after the incident.
Environmental activists said many nilgai cross roads in the Ridge and Aravali forest areas. "Nilgai often cross the road, to go from one part of the forest to another. Signages should be put up to indicate areas where animals cross the road because these can be dangerous for two-wheeler drivers," Dr Rahul Kaul, ecology expert at Wildlife Trust of India, said.
He said nilgai are difficult to spot at night due to their dark colour.
Kartick Satyanarayan, co-founder, Wildlife SOS, said: "Delhiites need to be more tolerant towards wildlife and also more compassionate."
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress