DTC driver shows off revolver, on the run after firing accidentally: Cops
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
A DTC driver accidentally opened fire at the DTC headquarters at IP estate Thursday morning. The driver is on the run, and police said he had purchased the revolver and procured its licence from Kanpur, while he was there on leave.
Police said the driver, identified as Sunil, had come to the headquarters in the morning and joined his colleagues in room number 208. The incident was reported around noon.
Police said during a conversation, Sunil pulled out his revolver and began showing it off to his colleagues.
He accidentally opened fire and the bullet hit a cupboard nearby. Scared, Sunil fled.