Dubai ruler among most followed leaders on Twitter, Barack Obama tops list
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
UAE Prime Minister and Constitutional monarch of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has been ranked among the world's 10th most followed leader on Twitter, a report has said.
According to US-based Digital Policy Council's news report, 910,000 followers were added to the Sheikh Mohammed's twitter account list last year, bringing his total number of followers to nearly 1.4 million.
No Indian leader was able to make into the top 10 list of most followed leaders. US President Barack Obama topped the list of most number of followers on twitter.
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, President Abdullah Gul of Turkey, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, President Enrique Pena Nieto of Mexico, Columbia's President Juan Manuel Santos, Argentinean President Cristina Fernadez De Kirchner, President Dilma Rouseff of Brazil and Queen Rania of Jordan were other world leaders to make into the top 10 leaders.
According to the report, three out of four heads of state currently use Twitter, with 123 world leaders out of 164 countries using accounts either in their name or through official government offices. The figure is a 78 per cent rise compared to the same period in 2011, report said.