Dubai ruler among most followed leaders on Twitter, Barack Obama tops list
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
UAE Prime Minister and Constitutional monarch of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has been ranked among the world's 10th most followed leader on Twitter, a report has said.
According to US-based Digital Policy Council's news report, 910,000 followers were added to the Sheikh Mohammed's twitter account list last year, bringing his total number of followers to nearly 1.4 million.
No Indian leader was able to make into the top 10 list of most followed leaders. US President Barack Obama topped the list of most number of followers on twitter.
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, President Abdullah Gul of Turkey, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, President Enrique Pena Nieto of Mexico, Columbia's President Juan Manuel Santos, Argentinean President Cristina Fernadez De Kirchner, President Dilma Rouseff of Brazil and Queen Rania of Jordan were other world leaders to make into the top 10 leaders.
According to the report, three out of four heads of state currently use Twitter, with 123 world leaders out of 164 countries using accounts either in their name or through official government offices. The figure is a 78 per cent rise compared to the same period in 2011, report said.