Due to crime against women, Nashik youths develop software to help women in distress
- Bulandshahr gangrape: Minor victim moves SC, seeks FIR against Azam Khan
- NSG row behind them, Chinese FM Wang Yi holds talks with PM Modi, Sushma Swaraj
- Behind attack on BJP leader Brijpal Teotia: 8 murders & a plot
- Appointment of judges: Break logjam soon or we will step in, CJI tells govt
- Sania Mirza-Rohan Bopanna one win away from Rio 2016 Olympics medal
Against the backdrop of rising crime against women, three youths from Nashik have developed a software with the help of which women can raise an alarm and seek help in time of distress.
Android software developer Gunwant Battashe (23), engineer Anup Unnikrishanan (24) and graphic designer Jayesh Bankar (23) told reporters here yesterday that the 'Me against rape' software application developed by them can be downloaded
on Android mobile handsets free of cost.
The software has a one touch helpline facility, recording facility and to specify the current location of the person, they said.
"If a woman is in any kind of a trouble, she has to just press the help button which will send an SMS to her relative or contact person as registered informing him/ her about her," they said.
When the help button is pressed, it also provides details about the location of the person, time and also has the facility of Google map link.
They said the software, developed by them in a week's time, would help women against atrocities and urged them to use it for their safety.
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov