Due to crime against women, Nashik youths develop software to help women in distress
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
Against the backdrop of rising crime against women, three youths from Nashik have developed a software with the help of which women can raise an alarm and seek help in time of distress.
Android software developer Gunwant Battashe (23), engineer Anup Unnikrishanan (24) and graphic designer Jayesh Bankar (23) told reporters here yesterday that the 'Me against rape' software application developed by them can be downloaded
on Android mobile handsets free of cost.
The software has a one touch helpline facility, recording facility and to specify the current location of the person, they said.
"If a woman is in any kind of a trouble, she has to just press the help button which will send an SMS to her relative or contact person as registered informing him/ her about her," they said.
When the help button is pressed, it also provides details about the location of the person, time and also has the facility of Google map link.
They said the software, developed by them in a week's time, would help women against atrocities and urged them to use it for their safety.
The trio also demonstrated the facilities provided by the software before Nashik Commissioner of Police Kulwant Kumar Sarangal yesterday, who described it as an "excellent" option.