DVC expects to commission Purulia power plant in March
- âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Narendra Modi sent emissaries to open talks on Kashmir: Geelani
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Probe Ajit Pawar tape âthreateningâ to cut water supply: EC tells Pune collector
Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) expects to commission the first unit of Ragunathpur thermal power unit in Purulia district by March next year, an official said on Sunday. "The initial date for commissioning of the first unit was in November 2010, but due to non-availability of water we could not start the unit," chief engineer of Ragunathpur Thermal Power Station (RTPS) J K Singh told reporters.
However, he said recently the water connectivity work has begun for a 10-km pipeline from Panchet dam to the plant site.
The project has been delayed by 18 months due to problems in land acquisition. The second unit of the fist phase is expected to be commissioned in the middle of 2013, Singh said. The first phase of the thermal power project consists of two units of 600 MW each.