DVC expects to commission Purulia power plant in March
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) expects to commission the first unit of Ragunathpur thermal power unit in Purulia district by March next year, an official said on Sunday. "The initial date for commissioning of the first unit was in November 2010, but due to non-availability of water we could not start the unit," chief engineer of Ragunathpur Thermal Power Station (RTPS) J K Singh told reporters.
However, he said recently the water connectivity work has begun for a 10-km pipeline from Panchet dam to the plant site.
The project has been delayed by 18 months due to problems in land acquisition. The second unit of the fist phase is expected to be commissioned in the middle of 2013, Singh said. The first phase of the thermal power project consists of two units of 600 MW each.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express