Dy CEC to arrive in Tripura tomorrow to oversee preparedness
Deputy Election Commissioner Dr Alok Shukla will arrive on Wednesday on a two-day visit to oversee preparedness for the February 14 Assembly elections in Tripura, Chief Electoral Officer Asutosh Jindal said on Tuesday.
Shukla will visit a few districts and hold meetings with district magistrates, police superintendents and sub-divisional magistrates of all the districts to review the preparations for the elections.
Police observers and general observers will arrive by January 29, Jindal said.
He said expenditure observers of the Commission for Tripura arrived on Monday for scrutiny of election expenditure of political parties.
Many micro observers would be appointed during the poll.
Submission of nominations will be taken up on January 22, 24, 25 and 28 and scrutiny held on January 29. The last date of withdrawal will be February 3.
He said, 3,040 polling stations will be set up and 20,000 election workers appointed.
Stating that three helicopter were used in 2008 to fly election officials to remote areas, he said more could be used this time.
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act
- Ahir kin rivalry dominates poll landscape