Dy EC meets collectors, police chiefs of 5 districts
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi on Sunday met collectors and police chiefs of five districts of north Gujarat — Sabarkantha, Banaskantha, Ahmedabad, Patan and Mehsana — in Ahmedabad as part of poll preparations in the state.
Zutshi is scheduled to also meet collectors and police chiefs of five Central Gujarat districts in Godhra of Panchmahals districts on Monday for the same purpose.
Apart from those that lie in the western parts of Ahmedabad district's rural regions, the constituencies that lie in the districts involved in the current review of preparedness will go to polls in the second phase on December 17.
Emerging from separate, back-to-back meetings with district officials that attended Sunday's review, Zutshi told reporters that all election officials in the state were being trained and made to take tests so that no errors were made.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it