Dy EC meets collectors, police chiefs of 5 districts
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi on Sunday met collectors and police chiefs of five districts of north Gujarat — Sabarkantha, Banaskantha, Ahmedabad, Patan and Mehsana — in Ahmedabad as part of poll preparations in the state.
Zutshi is scheduled to also meet collectors and police chiefs of five Central Gujarat districts in Godhra of Panchmahals districts on Monday for the same purpose.
Apart from those that lie in the western parts of Ahmedabad district's rural regions, the constituencies that lie in the districts involved in the current review of preparedness will go to polls in the second phase on December 17.
Emerging from separate, back-to-back meetings with district officials that attended Sunday's review, Zutshi told reporters that all election officials in the state were being trained and made to take tests so that no errors were made.