Dy EC meets collectors, police chiefs of 5 districts
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi on Sunday met collectors and police chiefs of five districts of north Gujarat — Sabarkantha, Banaskantha, Ahmedabad, Patan and Mehsana — in Ahmedabad as part of poll preparations in the state.
Zutshi is scheduled to also meet collectors and police chiefs of five Central Gujarat districts in Godhra of Panchmahals districts on Monday for the same purpose.
Apart from those that lie in the western parts of Ahmedabad district's rural regions, the constituencies that lie in the districts involved in the current review of preparedness will go to polls in the second phase on December 17.
Emerging from separate, back-to-back meetings with district officials that attended Sunday's review, Zutshi told reporters that all election officials in the state were being trained and made to take tests so that no errors were made.
He, however, declined to comment on the BJP's 3D projections of CM Narendra Modi at various venues simultaneously, a campaign strategy that was used for the first time on Sunday. Zutshi said he would be able to comment only after he had seen detailed reports regarding the same.