Dyal Singh Evening College principal dies
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Deepak Malhotra, principal of Dyal Singh Evening College, died on Sunday following a cardiac arrest. He was 60 years old.
"It is a huge loss for me personally, besides the field of education. He took Dyal Singh College to great heights. He would be missed deeply by the academic community," DU Vice-Chancellor Dinesh Singh said.
According to his colleagues and family, Malhotra had suffered a cardiac arrest and was admitted to Max Hospital from where he died Sunday evening. A week ago, Malhotra completed 25 years as principal of the college.
He was instrumental in the constitution of the National Students Union of India and served as its founder general secretary. Later, he became the general secretary, Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee.
Malhotra was also appointed the chairman of the panel constituted to look into admission reforms in Delhi University. He also served as a member on a government-constituted panel to assess the functioning of mid-day meal scheme in Delhi schools.
Malhotra is survived by his wife and two children.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express