Dyal Singh Evening College principal dies
Deepak Malhotra, principal of Dyal Singh Evening College, died on Sunday following a cardiac arrest. He was 60 years old.
"It is a huge loss for me personally, besides the field of education. He took Dyal Singh College to great heights. He would be missed deeply by the academic community," DU Vice-Chancellor Dinesh Singh said.
According to his colleagues and family, Malhotra had suffered a cardiac arrest and was admitted to Max Hospital from where he died Sunday evening. A week ago, Malhotra completed 25 years as principal of the college.
He was instrumental in the constitution of the National Students Union of India and served as its founder general secretary. Later, he became the general secretary, Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee.
Malhotra was also appointed the chairman of the panel constituted to look into admission reforms in Delhi University. He also served as a member on a government-constituted panel to assess the functioning of mid-day meal scheme in Delhi schools.
Malhotra is survived by his wife and two children.
- ‘Egoistic’ Adhalrao-Patil triggers exodus of Shiv Sena members to MNS
- Maya cites Godhra: Riots inevitable if Modi becomes PM
- Hours after SP claims clerics’ support, ‘real’ SUC denies it
- AAP man against Khurshid quits, claims corruption in party
- Panel’s efforts were futile: Justice Dharmadhikari
- A lodge register nailed the killer lover