East corpn draws up its assets list
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Taking a lead among the civic agencies, East Municipal Corporation has compiled a list of the assets it holds. The corporation made a list of 6,000 properties, along with their building plan and area. The corporation has also decided to rope in a consultant to make a plan on optimum utilisation of these properties.
North and South municipalities are yet to compile their list of properties that they could use to generate revenue.
"We have compiled the list and, after the consultant's report, we will go ahead with our schemes of making senior citizen centre, community centre, gymnasium, dispensary and nursing homes. We will make commercial centres and bring other project depending on consultant report on viability of projects on these properties," Commissioner of East corporation S S Yadav said.
The commissioner said one of the most important projects is building houses for employees. "As the housing facilities have gone to North, we need to have our own for the employees. We will soon finalise the property for the housing scheme for our employees," Yadav said.