East corpn to make building plan approval hassle-free
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat model code of conduct
- Tarun Tejpal among three booked for possession of phones inside Goa jail
In an attempt to eliminate corruption and to make the process of getting clearance for building plans easier, the East Municipal Corporation has decided to reach out to applicants.
The civic agency is using its control room for the purpose. Those who have applied for clearance will get a call from the control room, which will tell them about documents needed to get their plans cleared.
"We receive many applications for building plan clearance. The owners did not get proper information on the documents required for approval. This results in delay in clearances and applicants have to visit building department officials many times to ensure that every document is in place. The absence of a system to tell the owner about missing documents makes room for corruption. We are trying to make the process transparent," East corporation commissioner S S Yadav said.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past