East corpn to make building plan approval hassle-free
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
In an attempt to eliminate corruption and to make the process of getting clearance for building plans easier, the East Municipal Corporation has decided to reach out to applicants.
The civic agency is using its control room for the purpose. Those who have applied for clearance will get a call from the control room, which will tell them about documents needed to get their plans cleared.
"We receive many applications for building plan clearance. The owners did not get proper information on the documents required for approval. This results in delay in clearances and applicants have to visit building department officials many times to ensure that every document is in place. The absence of a system to tell the owner about missing documents makes room for corruption. We are trying to make the process transparent," East corporation commissioner S S Yadav said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer