East corpn to make building plan approval hassle-free
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
In an attempt to eliminate corruption and to make the process of getting clearance for building plans easier, the East Municipal Corporation has decided to reach out to applicants.
The civic agency is using its control room for the purpose. Those who have applied for clearance will get a call from the control room, which will tell them about documents needed to get their plans cleared.
"We receive many applications for building plan clearance. The owners did not get proper information on the documents required for approval. This results in delay in clearances and applicants have to visit building department officials many times to ensure that every document is in place. The absence of a system to tell the owner about missing documents makes room for corruption. We are trying to make the process transparent," East corporation commissioner S S Yadav said.