- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Lalu's monkey business
The debate on FDI in multi-brand retail became more dramatic following the entry of Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Lalu Prasad Yadav, who is known for his puns, rhetoric and antics. On most occasions, he amuses both his allies and the opposition with his speech. But today it wasn't amusing at all for the BJP members. Lok Sabha proceedings were disrupted for 15 minutes after Lalu called an opposition member 'Jamure' (a monkey who dances to the commands of a street charmer), which prompted loud protests from the opposition parties, who termed the word unparliamentary.