- SC allows Italian marine Girone to fly home after Centre backs plea on humanitarian grounds
- India's states have to help navigate country's growth: Modi tells Journal
- 'Under PM Modi, decision making has replaced policy paralysis witnessed during UPA regime'
- Economy’s green shoots yet to strike roots: Private investment still frozen
- Amit Shah nuances 'Congress-mukt Bharat': Freedom from Congress system
Lalu's monkey business
The debate on FDI in multi-brand retail became more dramatic following the entry of Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Lalu Prasad Yadav, who is known for his puns, rhetoric and antics. On most occasions, he amuses both his allies and the opposition with his speech. But today it wasn't amusing at all for the BJP members. Lok Sabha proceedings were disrupted for 15 minutes after Lalu called an opposition member 'Jamure' (a monkey who dances to the commands of a street charmer), which prompted loud protests from the opposition parties, who termed the word unparliamentary.
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating
- After the initial euphoria, Modi government has created widespread despondency
- Fixing the learning deficit requires a lot more than right kind of tracking technology
- The problem begins with the way we define “urban” and “rural”
- Modi govt’s backward-looking instincts pulls down its forward-looking mission
- Judge-population ratio is not the apt parameter to determine judiciary’s strength