EC announces polls in 3 states of Northeast
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
The Election Commission on Thursday announced the schedule in February for assembly polls in three northeastern states of Tripura, Meghalaya and Nagaland besides by-elections to nine assembly seats in seven states.
Assembly elections in Tripura will be held on February 14 while in Meghalaya and Nagaland, they will be held on February 23.
Polling in the nine bye-elections will be held a day later, on February 24. Results, however, will be announced together on February 28.
With the announcement of the poll schedule, the model code of conduct will be in operation with immediate effect, a statement by the Election Commission said.
The Election Commission said electronic voting machines will be used in the elections to the three north-eastern states as well as in by-elections in the seven states.
Notification for Tripura elections will be issued on January 21 and for Meghalaya and Nagaland on January 30, the EC said.