EC reviews phase-I poll preparations
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi on Friday reviewed the preparations for the first phase of the Gujarat Assembly elections which is scheduled on December 13.
Zutshi told officials at a meeting here that "they must perform their duties impartially and the ECI will adopt a zero-tolerance approach for any wrong-doing."
He met district collectors (DCs), superintendents of police (SPs) and returning officers (ROs) of Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Amreli, Porbandar, Bhavnagar and Suredranagar district and reviewed poll preparedness and security measures. He will on Saturday hold a meeting of DCs, SPs of Bharuch, Surat, Narmada, Tapi, Navsari, Valsad and Dangs, which go to polls in the first phase.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties