EC reviews phase-I poll preparations
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi on Friday reviewed the preparations for the first phase of the Gujarat Assembly elections which is scheduled on December 13.
Zutshi told officials at a meeting here that "they must perform their duties impartially and the ECI will adopt a zero-tolerance approach for any wrong-doing."
He met district collectors (DCs), superintendents of police (SPs) and returning officers (ROs) of Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Amreli, Porbandar, Bhavnagar and Suredranagar district and reviewed poll preparedness and security measures. He will on Saturday hold a meeting of DCs, SPs of Bharuch, Surat, Narmada, Tapi, Navsari, Valsad and Dangs, which go to polls in the first phase.