EC tests election knowledge of returning officers
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Returning officers from each of the 40 constituencies in central Gujarat today appeared in a first-of-its-kind orientation test taken by the Election Commission in Godhra to assess their preparedness for the Assembly elections to be held in the region on December 17.
The Orientation Finishing Touch Test consisted of 30 multiple-choice questions mostly to assess their knowledge of the latest EC directives.
The test was conducted in the presence of Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi who visited Godhra to take stock of poll preparedness.
Zutshi was accompanied by state Chief Electoral Officer Anita Karwal and district election officers from Vadodara, Kheda, Panchmahals, Anand, and Dahod.
Senior police officers from these districts also attended the meeting and briefed officials on how well they were prepared to conduct free and fair elections.
"We are making all provisions that officials on poll duty ensure that elections are held with 'zero error' and stringent actions are taken against those found violating electoral rules," Zutshi told reporters.
The meeting also dwelt upon enforcement of the Model Code of Conduct,
deployment of security forces and electoral staff, vulnerable pockets, complaint monitoring system, implementation of district election monitoring plan, expenditure monitoring and other election related issues.
- School kids ‘adopt’ spotted deer at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Jain trust gets HC caveat to ordain minor as sadhu
- Time to help Zaheer make the decision: Prasad
- BMC in a ‘tearing’ hurry as poll code kicks in
- Two men shot at in Tilak Nagar, different versions puzzle police
- Shami makes most of lively wicket
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express