EC to amend rule on cash seizure, SC told
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The ruling on November 9 had come on two PILs, which claimed that random search and seizure by teams of EC is putting curbs on trading activity ahead of the festive season of Diwali.
On the last date of hearing, the apex court had observed: "It (EC) has done good work in the last few years and we must appreciate it. We must give credit to you for this but sometimes you do things in over-anxiety."
The Commission had deployed 587 static surveillance teams and 182 flying squads in the state, which have so far seized Rs 22.56 crore of unaccounted money, of which Rs 22.20 crore was handed over to the Income Tax department.