Economic Survey: Gujarat 2nd fastest growing state
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Gujarat stands second after Bihar on the list of fastest growing states during the last seven years.
Between 2005-06 and 2011-12, Gujarat clocked a Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) growth of 9.98% while Bihar registered the highest growth rate of 10.17 per cent, states the Economic Survey 2012-13.
Gujarat stood fourth on the list of states as far as GSDP growth for 2011-12 was concerned. With 8.2 per cent growth, Gujarat was behind states like Bihar (16.71%), Madhya Pradesh (11.98%) and Maharashtra (8.54%).
In the category of unemployment rate (per 1,000) for 2009-10, Gujarat has the lowest number of unemployed in urban areas, while it stands behind Rajasthan, Maharashtra, MP and Karnataka as far as unemployment in rural areas is concerned.