Economic Survey: Gujarat 2nd fastest growing state
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Gujarat stands second after Bihar on the list of fastest growing states during the last seven years.
Between 2005-06 and 2011-12, Gujarat clocked a Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) growth of 9.98% while Bihar registered the highest growth rate of 10.17 per cent, states the Economic Survey 2012-13.
Gujarat stood fourth on the list of states as far as GSDP growth for 2011-12 was concerned. With 8.2 per cent growth, Gujarat was behind states like Bihar (16.71%), Madhya Pradesh (11.98%) and Maharashtra (8.54%).
In the category of unemployment rate (per 1,000) for 2009-10, Gujarat has the lowest number of unemployed in urban areas, while it stands behind Rajasthan, Maharashtra, MP and Karnataka as far as unemployment in rural areas is concerned.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express