ED files case against Balkrishna
- Elections 2014 Live: Polling underway peacefully; Kapil Sibal, Harsh Vardhan cast their votes
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Two CRPF jawans killed in Bihar before start of polling
In fresh trouble for Balkrishna, aide of yoga guru Ramdev, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) has registered a case against him under stringent sections of anti-money laundering laws.
The agency registered the case acting on the CBI's FIR which charged Balkrishna with violations of the Passport Act. Sources said the ED suspects that Balkrishna, who has been looking after various trusts run by Ramdev, could have parked the alleged laundered money abroad using the forged passport as claimed by the CBI.
"The case has been registered under Section 4 of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act and a probe into Balkrishna's transactions abroad are now underway," said a top ED official.
The ED is planning to question Balkrishna who was released on bail after a month in jail for allegedly submitting fake documents to obtain an Indian passport.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi