Education directorate announces guidelines for nursery admission
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia and Rahul were the primary decision makers while Manmohan was just a facade, says Modi
The Directorate of Education (DOE), Delhi, on Friday released the guidelines for Nursery admissions along with the schedule for the admission, for academic year 2012-13. The date for sale of admission forms has been set as January 2, 2012, and the last date of admission will be March 31, 2012.
The admission forms will be accepted till January 16, 2012 and the first lists of the selected candidates will be displayed by February 1.
The DOE has also devised a common admission form for admitting candidates from economically weaker sections (EWS) and disadvantaged groups. All schools have been directed to strictly follow the schedule and the forms prescribed by the directorate and any deviation should be notified to the DOE before December 31, 2011. The schools shall have to ensure that the forms are available free of cost to applicants from the EWS or disadvantaged group.
The guidelines also state that no school shall deny admission to a child under the EWS, disadvantaged category on the basis of distance or neighbourhood, "so long as the residence of that child falls within the distance criterion devised by the school for general category children."
As for the points system, a senior official in the DOE said the points system will remain the same as last year but the schools will be allowed to decide what number of points to allott to which category.