Education directorate announces guidelines for nursery admission
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
The Directorate of Education (DOE), Delhi, on Friday released the guidelines for Nursery admissions along with the schedule for the admission, for academic year 2012-13. The date for sale of admission forms has been set as January 2, 2012, and the last date of admission will be March 31, 2012.
The admission forms will be accepted till January 16, 2012 and the first lists of the selected candidates will be displayed by February 1.
The DOE has also devised a common admission form for admitting candidates from economically weaker sections (EWS) and disadvantaged groups. All schools have been directed to strictly follow the schedule and the forms prescribed by the directorate and any deviation should be notified to the DOE before December 31, 2011. The schools shall have to ensure that the forms are available free of cost to applicants from the EWS or disadvantaged group.
The guidelines also state that no school shall deny admission to a child under the EWS, disadvantaged category on the basis of distance or neighbourhood, "so long as the residence of that child falls within the distance criterion devised by the school for general category children."
As for the points system, a senior official in the DOE said the points system will remain the same as last year but the schools will be allowed to decide what number of points to allott to which category.