Egypt SC suspends work indefinitely in protest
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
The judges were also expected to rule on legitimacy of the Islamist-dominated upper house of parliament, known as Shura Council.
By suspending its work, the court joined the country's highest appeals court and its sister lower court in their indefinite strikes.