Egypt SC suspends work indefinitely in protest
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal targets BJP over attack on Bharti; Ilmi defends her 'communal Muslim' remark again
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Voting underway for 117 Lok Sabha seats; Mulayam, Anil Ambani among early voters
The judges were also expected to rule on legitimacy of the Islamist-dominated upper house of parliament, known as Shura Council.
By suspending its work, the court joined the country's highest appeals court and its sister lower court in their indefinite strikes.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players