Eight days later, police yet to ascertain if Bidushi was murdered
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- For hate speech, EC orders UP not to let Amit Shah, Azam campaign
Eight days after former Miss Chennai and south Indian actress Bidushi Dash was found dead at her Andheri residence, the D N Nagar police have not been able to conclusively establish whether she was killed or her death was accidental.
Crime Branch sources on Wednesday said it appeared that Bidushi died due to an accident, as there was no injury to her vital organs. Officers said she might have fallen on a glass showcase in her apartment, leading to her death. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone 9) Pratap Dighavkar, said, "We are investigating all angles. While we are inquiring into the possibility of murder, we are also examining if it could be an accidental case. We are seeking the opinion of the forensic doctors, too."
Police said they have not got any leads yet to prove that Bidushi was murdered. They had, however, suspected that the model may have collapsed due to diabetes-related complications and suffered fatal injuries. Police had initially registered an accidental death report, which was later converted to a case of murder after dried blood stains were found at near her body.
While a post-mortem revealed that there were deep injuries on Bidushi's neck, doctors who examined the body said the death could have occurred due to an accident. The post-mortem examination report said Bidushi had 13 injuries on one side of her face, which is unusual for a murder.
The doctors told the police that Bidushi may have suffered a seizure resulting in an accident.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit