Eight selected in placement drive by Swedish company
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Did not get personal with Narendra Modi, says Rahul Gandhi
As many as 8 students were selected with a package of Rs 3.5 lakh per annum during a placement drive to recruit budding engineers by Alpha Laval, a Swedish company, at Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College on Friday. In all, 70 students of mechanical and production engineering were selected for a written test. Only 18 were shortlisted for the technical round, said director of the college Dr M S Saini.
Technical event held at GNDEC
Ludhiana: A technical event, IGNITE-2012, was held at Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College (GNDEC), Ludhiana. The event, organised by various students' societies and chapters working in the college, showcased the technical skills of the students. Teams from Panjab University, Chandigarh; CGC, Gharaun; CGC, Landarn; GGI, Khanna; Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar; and SLIET, Longowal participated in the event which was inaugurated by director of the institute Dr M S Saini.
Talk delivered to mark Arthritis Day
Ludhiana: The World Arthritis Day was observed by the Department of Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement, SPS Apollo Hospitals, Ludhiana, by holding an awareness talk by senior consultant and head of the department Dr Harpreet Gill at Rotary Club. Dr Gill said while there were about 100 forms of arthritis, the three most significant — osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout — accounted for more than 90 per cent of cases in India. Around 100 people attended the session.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit