Eight selected in placement drive by Swedish company
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
As many as 8 students were selected with a package of Rs 3.5 lakh per annum during a placement drive to recruit budding engineers by Alpha Laval, a Swedish company, at Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College on Friday. In all, 70 students of mechanical and production engineering were selected for a written test. Only 18 were shortlisted for the technical round, said director of the college Dr M S Saini.
Technical event held at GNDEC
Ludhiana: A technical event, IGNITE-2012, was held at Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College (GNDEC), Ludhiana. The event, organised by various students' societies and chapters working in the college, showcased the technical skills of the students. Teams from Panjab University, Chandigarh; CGC, Gharaun; CGC, Landarn; GGI, Khanna; Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar; and SLIET, Longowal participated in the event which was inaugurated by director of the institute Dr M S Saini.
Talk delivered to mark Arthritis Day
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say