Eldeco chairman S K Garg arrested
- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
The CBI has arrested the CMD of realty firm Eldeco in connection with its probe in an alleged graft case in which some senior Income Tax officials have been nabbed by the agency.
Agency sources said S K Garg was arrested in connection with the case. He was produced before the Patiala House court and sent to judicial custody till July 4, they said.
The CBI had arrested four senior I-T officials, including Director (Investigations) Kunal Singh, besides Eldeco MD Pankaj Bajaj in connection with they alleged graft case, they said.
Besides Singh, who held the charge of Commissioner Kanpur range, Additional Director Investigations Ratan Singh, Assistant Director Uma Kant, Inspector Harish Dhaundiyal, and Chartered Accountant Anil Jaiswal had been arrested in connection with the case, CBI sources said.
They said the matter pertained to a survey carried out by I-T officials on March 28 in connection with complaints of alleged tax evasion by Eldeco.
They said before listing the recoveries from Bajaj's lockers, the officials allowed him and his family to allegedly take away major portion of cash and gold stored in them in exchange of illegal gratification.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?