Elderly woman raped and robbed in Mumbai
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
A 61-year-old woman was allegedly raped and robbed by an unidentified person who entered her house posing as a courier boy, police said today.
The woman, a resident of suburban Powai, approached the police on Friday evening claiming that a man posing as a courier boy had entered her house and sexually assaulted her.
According to her complaint, the unidentified accused entered her house on December 7 on the pretext of delivering a courier and finding her alone raped her and then fled away with some of her belongings.
Based on her complaint, the police registered a case of rape and robbery. Police are trying to make a sketch of the accused based on the description given by the victim.
Confirming the incident, Deputy Commissioner of Police Cherring Dorje said a probe was on.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance