Elderly woman raped and robbed in Mumbai
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
A 61-year-old woman was allegedly raped and robbed by an unidentified person who entered her house posing as a courier boy, police said today.
The woman, a resident of suburban Powai, approached the police on Friday evening claiming that a man posing as a courier boy had entered her house and sexually assaulted her.
According to her complaint, the unidentified accused entered her house on December 7 on the pretext of delivering a courier and finding her alone raped her and then fled away with some of her belongings.
Based on her complaint, the police registered a case of rape and robbery. Police are trying to make a sketch of the accused based on the description given by the victim.
Confirming the incident, Deputy Commissioner of Police Cherring Dorje said a probe was on.
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now