Elderly woman raped and robbed in Mumbai
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
A 61-year-old woman was allegedly raped and robbed by an unidentified person who entered her house posing as a courier boy, police said today.
The woman, a resident of suburban Powai, approached the police on Friday evening claiming that a man posing as a courier boy had entered her house and sexually assaulted her.
According to her complaint, the unidentified accused entered her house on December 7 on the pretext of delivering a courier and finding her alone raped her and then fled away with some of her belongings.
Based on her complaint, the police registered a case of rape and robbery. Police are trying to make a sketch of the accused based on the description given by the victim.
Confirming the incident, Deputy Commissioner of Police Cherring Dorje said a probe was on.
Meanwhile, a 41-year-old person has been detained by Powai police in connection with the incident.