Election Commission pulls up Tripura Congress MLA
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
The Election Commission has reprimanded Tripura Congress MLA Birajit Sinha for violating the Model Code of Conduct by making remarks against Chief Minister Manik Sarkar about his alleged parleys with extremists and advised him to desist from such acts in future.
Sinha, an MLA from Kailasahar constituency, had held a press conference on January 22 where he alleged that "Chief Minister Manik Sarkar had made secret parleys with extremists to create breach of peace and tranquility in the state and castigate the Congress as responsible for this."
"The Commission has decided to reprimand Shri Birajit Sinha for the above violation of the Model Code of Conduct and has further advised him to desist from such acts in future," an EC order said.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2