Election Commission pulls up Tripura Congress MLA
- Angry Nitish hits back, says Modi has contempt for those who seek rights
- OROP: Delhi Police says sorry, PMO steps in to pacify agitating ex-servicemen
- 7 dead after boulder hits Manikaran Gurudwara in Himachal
- Sri Lanka polls: Wickremesinghe to return as PM, Rajapaksa concedes defeat
- Home buyers to benefit from govt move on Okhla Bird Sanctuary
The Election Commission has reprimanded Tripura Congress MLA Birajit Sinha for violating the Model Code of Conduct by making remarks against Chief Minister Manik Sarkar about his alleged parleys with extremists and advised him to desist from such acts in future.
Sinha, an MLA from Kailasahar constituency, had held a press conference on January 22 where he alleged that "Chief Minister Manik Sarkar had made secret parleys with extremists to create breach of peace and tranquility in the state and castigate the Congress as responsible for this."
"The Commission has decided to reprimand Shri Birajit Sinha for the above violation of the Model Code of Conduct and has further advised him to desist from such acts in future," an EC order said.