Election Commission team seizes cash in poll-bound Nagaland
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
- Third Front is unviable 'tired front', says Mamata Banerjee
An Election Commission surveillance team seized Rs 8.5 lakh in cash after it intercepted a vehicle allegedly belonging to the ruling NPF in poll-bound Nagaland, the third such recovery in the state.
The vehicle, according to sources, was intercepted yesterday in Phek district of the state by authorities which later intimated the EC-appointed observers in the state.
The vehicle, which was carrying Rs 8.5 lakh in cash, was seized while the person travelling in the vehicle released on bond, they said.
The EC-appointed team has summoned the person for interrogation today while the NPF officials would also be asked to explain if the cash was of the party or any of its candidates, they said. Nagaland goes to poll on February 23. The EC has deployed a special team of observers to
check the use of illegal money power in the state. In the last few days, the EC has made big seizures in the state. Nagaland Home Minister Imkong L Imchen was arrested for allegedly transporting Rs 1.10 crore in cash and arms and ammunition in a vehicle in Wokha district. He subsequently resigned from the Council of Ministers. Another NPF candidate was apprehended with Rs one crore mcash in a helicopter allegedly ferrying him.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore