Electrician is pitch curator at Green Park!
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
an electrician is doubling up as pitch curator at the lone international cricket stadium here.
Shiv Kumar, who is an electrician with the UP Sports Department, is helped by a tubewell operator in maintaining the pitch and officials are baffled as to what the fuss is all about.
"What is wrong in this? The Green Park stadium belongs to the UP Sports Department and they are free to appoint anyone for this responsibility," said Anil Banodha, the deputy director of UP Sports Department.
The pitch curator of the UPCA, which organises international matches at the Green Park, said he cannot do anything about the current set-up.
"Green Park belongs to UP Government. The UPCA gets it only when it is hosting an international match. When the stadium doesn't belong to us, how can we assume responsibility of its pitch," he said.
Shiv, meanwhile, said he works as per instructions of his department.
"In 2007, I had even attended a training camp in Kolkata," he claimed.
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players
- Mets feel Raptors’ bite, Wizards tame Bulls again in play-offs