Elephant found dead, officials suspect foul play
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
An elephant was found dead in Jalpaiguri district on Tuesday with forest officials suspecting that it was electrocuted by villagers.
The five-year-old female elephant was found dead at Gajolduba colony area near Baikuntapur forest of the district.
Electric wires were found near the body and officials suspect that the elephant was electrocuted as the villagers put up electric wires near the fields to protect the crops.
Only a postmortem will reveal the true cause of the death of the elephant, said forest officials, adding the body has been sent for a postmortem.
Last night, a herd of elephants had come out of the Baikuntapur forest and the five-year-old elephant was also part of the herd, they said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express