Eleven CRPF personnel injured in Maoists attack in Jharkhand
- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
At least 11 CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) jawans were injured in a series of blasts triggered by the Maoists in Bokaro district of Jharkahnd last evening during a combing operation.
The personnel of the 26th CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) were injured in a landmine blast in Maoist-hit Jhumra hills
The Police said the incident took place at Mahua Tand police station area of Jhumra hills when security personnel were returning from patrolling.
Injured jawans have been admitted to Apollo Hospital in Ranchi. The condition of three jawans is stated to be critical.
In the last few years, the Maoists have stepped up their efforts against the government as well as the locals, after various locals complained that Maoist activities such as killings and abductions increased considerably in the area.