Eleven CRPF personnel injured in Maoists attack in Jharkhand
- Yakub Memon's mercy plea rejected, Sena calls it a message to terrorists
- Ready to discuss Sushma in Parliament, but not Raje, Chouhan: Arun Jaitley
- RS deadlock: Govt ready for debate, Oppn says get your ministers to resign first
- SC rejects Centre's review against scrapping quota for Jats
- Curfew in Jamshedpur after clashes over alleged eve teasing, at least 100 arrested
At least 11 CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) jawans were injured in a series of blasts triggered by the Maoists in Bokaro district of Jharkahnd last evening during a combing operation.
The personnel of the 26th CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) were injured in a landmine blast in Maoist-hit Jhumra hills
The Police said the incident took place at Mahua Tand police station area of Jhumra hills when security personnel were returning from patrolling.
Injured jawans have been admitted to Apollo Hospital in Ranchi. The condition of three jawans is stated to be critical.
In the last few years, the Maoists have stepped up their efforts against the government as well as the locals, after various locals complained that Maoist activities such as killings and abductions increased considerably in the area.
The Maoists have also significantly increased their presence in tribal and rural regions in the states of Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Odisha.