Elton John dedicates Beijing concert to Ai Weiwei
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Legendary musician Elton John has dedicated his first concert in Beijing to dissident artist Ai Weiwei.
Weiwei, a long-time outspoken critic of the Communist country's leaders, was seized by undercover police at Beijing airport last year and held in detention for 81 days.
The 'Tiny Dancer' hitmaker is currently on the Asian leg of his worldwide tour and met with the artist backstage before the concert, reported Contactmusic.
Weiwei took to his Twitter page to post a series of snaps of the pair alongside the message, "I'm in love with him (Elton John), though we spent less than 10 minutes together. Sincere, generous."
John was equally impressed with Weiwei as he dedicated his entire performance to the controversial artist.
He said, "This whole show is dedicated to Ai Weiwei."
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it