Elton John dedicates Beijing concert to Ai Weiwei
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Legendary musician Elton John has dedicated his first concert in Beijing to dissident artist Ai Weiwei.
Weiwei, a long-time outspoken critic of the Communist country's leaders, was seized by undercover police at Beijing airport last year and held in detention for 81 days.
The 'Tiny Dancer' hitmaker is currently on the Asian leg of his worldwide tour and met with the artist backstage before the concert, reported Contactmusic.
Weiwei took to his Twitter page to post a series of snaps of the pair alongside the message, "I'm in love with him (Elton John), though we spent less than 10 minutes together. Sincere, generous."
John was equally impressed with Weiwei as he dedicated his entire performance to the controversial artist.
He said, "This whole show is dedicated to Ai Weiwei."
Speaking to reporters after the show, Weiwei responded to questions about whether officials would be concerned over thededication, replying, "(They) are probably not too happy about this, but there is not much that they can do about it. He is a very popular singer who has a lot of influence".
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties