Emaar-MGF distances itself from Commonwealth fiasco
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
Emaar-MGF, the developer of the Commonwealth Games Residential Village in New Delhi has distanced itself from the controversy surrounding the upcoming sporting extravaganza, according to a report.
"The project was completed and duly handed over to the Delhi Development Authority Organising Committee (OC) in June," a spokesperson for Emaar-MGF, which is a joint venture owned by Indian lender MGF and Dubai-based Emaar Properties, told Dubai's 7DAYS newspaper.
"The OC is responsible for the furniture and fixtures to be provided in the apartments and the temporary overlays in the Village. The current controversy is due to housekeeping issues arising out of such work being carried out by the OC," the spokesperson added.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages