Emily Blunt to play Princess Diana in new film
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Actress Emily Blunt has been tipped to follow in the footsteps of Naomi Watts by playing Diana, Princess Of Wales in a new film.
Watts plays the late British royal in upcoming movie Diana, which focuses on the last two years of the Princess' life before she died in a car crash in Paris, France in 1997.
Emily Blunt, who was rumoured to have turned down the Diana role, is now said to be in talks to play the royal in another project, based on the memoirs of Diana's former bodyguard Ken Wharfe, reported Contactmusic.
The movie adaptation of 'Diana: Closely Guarded Secret' is being developed by producer Stephen Evans, the brains behind 1994 royal drama 'The Madness of King George'.
If Blunt signs on, it could reunite her with her "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" co-star Ewan MCGregor, who is tipped for the role of Wharfe.