Emma Watson defends Kristen Stewart over cheating scandal
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
Emma Watson has come to the defense of Kristen Stewart, who caused controversy last year after it was revealed that she had cheated on her British boyfriend, actor Robert Pattinson, with married director Rupert Sanders.
Kristen and 42-year-old Rupert had a fling after filming Snow White And The Huntsman. Stewart issued a public apology but Sanders' wife Liberty Ross, 34, has since filed for divorce.
However, the Harry Potter star says that Kristen is human just like everybody else and also very young. Emma further defended the Twilight beauty saying that it's not fair to consider celebrities as matters of public interest.
The 22-year-old then applauded Kristen and Robert for doing everything in their power to make their relationship as far from the public eye as possible.
Emma, who is studying at America's prestigious Brown University and dating student Will Adamowicz, told Vanity Fair Italia that she empathises with Kristen.
Emma went to add that people think that the rich and famous have perfect lives – which is not true.
"For these people Kristen deserves all the bad things thrown at her because she had an amazing life and ruined it," Emma added.