Emma Watson defends Kristen Stewart over cheating scandal
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Varun Gandhi to file nomination; Kejriwal arrives in Varanasi
Emma Watson has come to the defense of Kristen Stewart, who caused controversy last year after it was revealed that she had cheated on her British boyfriend, actor Robert Pattinson, with married director Rupert Sanders.
Kristen and 42-year-old Rupert had a fling after filming Snow White And The Huntsman. Stewart issued a public apology but Sanders' wife Liberty Ross, 34, has since filed for divorce.
However, the Harry Potter star says that Kristen is human just like everybody else and also very young. Emma further defended the Twilight beauty saying that it's not fair to consider celebrities as matters of public interest.
The 22-year-old then applauded Kristen and Robert for doing everything in their power to make their relationship as far from the public eye as possible.
Emma, who is studying at America's prestigious Brown University and dating student Will Adamowicz, told Vanity Fair Italia that she empathises with Kristen.
Emma went to add that people think that the rich and famous have perfect lives – which is not true.
"For these people Kristen deserves all the bad things thrown at her because she had an amazing life and ruined it," Emma added.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi