Emma Watson defends Kristen Stewart over cheating scandal
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured in road accident in Jaipur; one dead
- Fadnavis rubbishes reports of flight delay, threatens to take legal action
- Madrasas to be de-recognised in Maharashtra; Congress calls the move unconstitutional
- Rs 526 crore for AAP govt publicity; Congress asks is it to purchase media
- Fearing action, 1400 primary teachers with fake degree resign in Bihar
Emma Watson has come to the defense of Kristen Stewart, who caused controversy last year after it was revealed that she had cheated on her British boyfriend, actor Robert Pattinson, with married director Rupert Sanders.
Kristen and 42-year-old Rupert had a fling after filming Snow White And The Huntsman. Stewart issued a public apology but Sanders' wife Liberty Ross, 34, has since filed for divorce.
However, the Harry Potter star says that Kristen is human just like everybody else and also very young. Emma further defended the Twilight beauty saying that it's not fair to consider celebrities as matters of public interest.
The 22-year-old then applauded Kristen and Robert for doing everything in their power to make their relationship as far from the public eye as possible.
Emma, who is studying at America's prestigious Brown University and dating student Will Adamowicz, told Vanity Fair Italia that she empathises with Kristen.
Emma went to add that people think that the rich and famous have perfect lives – which is not true.
"For these people Kristen deserves all the bad things thrown at her because she had an amazing life and ruined it," Emma added.