Empee Distilleries reports Rs 85.19 cr loss in Q2
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Empee Distilleries, part of the Rs 600 crore Empee group, has reported a net loss of Rs 85.19 lakh for the second quarter ending September 30.
The Chennai-based company reported stand-alone net profits at Rs 4.31 crore during the corresponding period of the previous year, Empee Distelleries said in a filing to the BSE.
The total income for the second quarter ending September 30, 2012 stood at Rs 163.54 crore against Rs 165.52 crore registered during the same period last year.
The Board of Directors at its meeting recommended a dividend of Rs one per share for the period ending September 30, 2012.
The company's shares were trading at Rs 79.70 apiece in the afternoon trade on BSE, down by 7.97 per cent over the previous close.