Employment must be guided only by educational qualification: CM
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said that employment should be guided by educational and other qualifications rather than other collateral criteria. He was speaking at the opening of the second Bridgestone plant at Chakan on Tuesday in Pune.
According to Chavan, the issue of security for companies opening bases in Pune and its fringes is of paramount importance. He also stated that the state government will ensure that proper security is provided to the the companies and added that no political interference would be tolerated in this.
Talking about preferential employment for local citizens, the Chief Minister said that education qualification should be given preference to any other thing. He also said that the new industrial policy of the state government would ensure generation of employment and allow the state to grow industrially.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun