Employment must be guided only by educational qualification: CM
- Army fight off terrorist attack on camp in Samba, operation still on
- Kasab never asked for mutton biryani, I cooked it up: Ujjwal Nikam
- He ‘harassed’ me, IAS officer Ravi’s batchmate told cops hours after his death
- Explained: Overshoot to kill
- Renuka Choudhary booked for allegedly demanding Rs 1.10 crore from Congress aspirant
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said that employment should be guided by educational and other qualifications rather than other collateral criteria. He was speaking at the opening of the second Bridgestone plant at Chakan on Tuesday in Pune.
According to Chavan, the issue of security for companies opening bases in Pune and its fringes is of paramount importance. He also stated that the state government will ensure that proper security is provided to the the companies and added that no political interference would be tolerated in this.
Talking about preferential employment for local citizens, the Chief Minister said that education qualification should be given preference to any other thing. He also said that the new industrial policy of the state government would ensure generation of employment and allow the state to grow industrially.