Emraan Hashmi wants to do family films
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Emraan Hashmi is consciously choosing films that will help him overcome his serial kisser ,image and the actor says that he won't mind being part of a family film.
Hashmi, who had surprised everyone with his performance of a small town journalist in 'Shanghai' last year, has 'Chanchakkar' and 'Ek Thi Daayan' in his kitty this year.
"It is not that I won't do a family film. A lot of such films are getting made and are doing well," Emraan told reporters here at the wrap up party of his upcoming film 'Ghanchakkar'.
"Whatever scripts come my way I have to choose from them. As in the industry a persona is performed. This film ('Ghanchakkar') has got U/A certificate. As an actor I am trying to create my own aura by choosing films that I am offered," he said.
The Rajkumar Gupta directed comedy will see Emraan essaying the role of an ex-conman and Vidya Balan playing a Punjabi housewife.
"It is a different kind of comedy. It is situational and turns out funnier. I really enjoyed working on this film. The title depicts how mad this film will be," Emraan said.
Vidya and Emraan have teamed up for the second time after 'The Dirty Picture'.
"It is great working with her. Audience were waiting for us to come together and we are back to entertain but this time in a different way," he said.
"We share a great chemistry. In this film we fight a lot but there is lot of love between us as well," he added.
- Terror accused wrongly jailed for 14 yrs, NHRC notices to Home Ministry, police
- SP hints no candidates against Sonia, Rahul
- In Hills, BJP gains GJM edge
- Delhi Police forms patrol teams to check pick-pocketing in Metro
- Two months to go and EC receives myriad complaints
- Maharashtra hailstorm hits crop worth Rs 5,000 cr
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress