Emraan Hashmi wants to do family films
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
Emraan Hashmi is consciously choosing films that will help him overcome his serial kisser ,image and the actor says that he won't mind being part of a family film.
Hashmi, who had surprised everyone with his performance of a small town journalist in 'Shanghai' last year, has 'Chanchakkar' and 'Ek Thi Daayan' in his kitty this year.
"It is not that I won't do a family film. A lot of such films are getting made and are doing well," Emraan told reporters here at the wrap up party of his upcoming film 'Ghanchakkar'.
"Whatever scripts come my way I have to choose from them. As in the industry a persona is performed. This film ('Ghanchakkar') has got U/A certificate. As an actor I am trying to create my own aura by choosing films that I am offered," he said.
The Rajkumar Gupta directed comedy will see Emraan essaying the role of an ex-conman and Vidya Balan playing a Punjabi housewife.
"It is a different kind of comedy. It is situational and turns out funnier. I really enjoyed working on this film. The title depicts how mad this film will be," Emraan said.
Vidya and Emraan have teamed up for the second time after 'The Dirty Picture'.
"It is great working with her. Audience were waiting for us to come together and we are back to entertain but this time in a different way," he said.
"We share a great chemistry. In this film we fight a lot but there is lot of love between us as well," he added.