Emraan Hashmi wants to do family films
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Emraan Hashmi is consciously choosing films that will help him overcome his serial kisser ,image and the actor says that he won't mind being part of a family film.
Hashmi, who had surprised everyone with his performance of a small town journalist in 'Shanghai' last year, has 'Chanchakkar' and 'Ek Thi Daayan' in his kitty this year.
"It is not that I won't do a family film. A lot of such films are getting made and are doing well," Emraan told reporters here at the wrap up party of his upcoming film 'Ghanchakkar'.
"Whatever scripts come my way I have to choose from them. As in the industry a persona is performed. This film ('Ghanchakkar') has got U/A certificate. As an actor I am trying to create my own aura by choosing films that I am offered," he said.
The Rajkumar Gupta directed comedy will see Emraan essaying the role of an ex-conman and Vidya Balan playing a Punjabi housewife.
"It is a different kind of comedy. It is situational and turns out funnier. I really enjoyed working on this film. The title depicts how mad this film will be," Emraan said.
Vidya and Emraan have teamed up for the second time after 'The Dirty Picture'.
"It is great working with her. Audience were waiting for us to come together and we are back to entertain but this time in a different way," he said.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment