- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Five children succumbed to encephalitis at BRD Medical College Hospital in Gorakhpur taking the toll in the disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 225, this year.
Three children from Gorakhpur and two from Deoria died in the hospital on Saturday, said Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad on Sunday.
As many as 50 more people suspected to be suffering from encephalitis have been admitted to the hospital during the last 24 hours, he said.
A total of 1,321 patients with encephalitis were admitted this year to various government hospitals of which 225 have died, Prasad said.