- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case forces adjournment of Parliament
- Facebook to acquire WhatsApp for USD 19 billion in cash and stock deal
- Congâs first casualty of Telangana Bill: Its govt and Chief Minister in Andhra
- Hazare snubs Kejriwal, declares support to Mamata in LS elections
Five children succumbed to encephalitis at BRD Medical College Hospital in Gorakhpur taking the toll in the disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 225, this year.
Three children from Gorakhpur and two from Deoria died in the hospital on Saturday, said Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad on Sunday.
As many as 50 more people suspected to be suffering from encephalitis have been admitted to the hospital during the last 24 hours, he said.
A total of 1,321 patients with encephalitis were admitted this year to various government hospitals of which 225 have died, Prasad said.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state