- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
Five children succumbed to encephalitis at BRD Medical College Hospital in Gorakhpur taking the toll in the disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 225, this year.
Three children from Gorakhpur and two from Deoria died in the hospital on Saturday, said Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad on Sunday.
As many as 50 more people suspected to be suffering from encephalitis have been admitted to the hospital during the last 24 hours, he said.
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?
- Lessons to learn from Rio Olympics
- Reminiscing after 70: What were the best decades of independent India?
- Inside Track: No party spirit
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility