Afzal Guru should not be hanged: Prakash Ambedkar
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangh (BBM) leader Prakash Ambedkar today said Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru should not be sent to the gallows.
"Those demanding so are right wing political parties who want to consolidate their vote bank. There is no national interest in their mind," Ambedkar told PTI today.
BBM president, who is the grandson of Dr B R Ambedkar, said hanging Afzal Guru would unite Kashmiri Separatists.
"Majority of Kashmiris want to be part of the Indian union. With Afzal Guru's hanging, they will doubt whether they will be part of a secular India," Ambedkar said, demanding a status quo on Afzal Guru be maintained.