Encroachments dominate MC meet
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
The meeting of the general house once again witnessed a debate on the issue of encroachments in the city. The councillors rued that due to lack of adequate checks encroachers were thriving.
Councillor Davesh Moudgil presented a number of pictures of encroachments in different parts of the city. The pictures were clicked Monday morning. He said that some policy should be framed so that a record can be maintained of repeat offenders. The amount of fine imposed should also be increased. Moudgil, in the last meeting, had resigned from the post of chairman of the enforcement committee.
Another councillor Gurcharan Dass Kala said that the staff with the enforcement wing is less. With just 11 inspectors, the encroachments in the whole city cannot be looked into. Councillor Subhash Chawla said that there should be no political interference and the Enforcement Wing should be given a free hand. He said that the area councillor could accompany the enforcement team when it is going to remove encroachments from their area.