Engg students protest against discrepancies in re-evaluation
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
CoE admits of problems in re-evaluation, says trying to control it
Eleven students of various engineering colleges under University of Pune, on Monday, met V-C W N Gade and discussed the discrepancies in the re-evaluation of their answersheets.
The students said many questions were not checked, many had mistakes in the total and many others were checked but marked wrongly.
"Two of my subjects — Network Analysis and Signals and Systems — are in backlog. But when I applied for a photocopy of the answersheets, I realised that 8-mark and 12-mark answers in each paper were not checked. I have approached the university earlier also regarding this but nobody cared to even speak to me. The university's attitude towards students is frustrating," said Damon, a second-year electronics and telecommunication engineering student.
The students were supported by Nationalist Congress Party's youth wing.
After the meeting, Controller of Examination Sampada Joshi said, "We admit that there are various problems concerning the re-evaluation of examination papers but we are trying our level best to control it. The papers of the students who have been wronged will be rechecked within 10-15 days. We will inquire into the matter and action will be taken against the teachers who checked the papers wrongly."
- Internal Maoist document targets 12 political leaders
- Forces didn’t follow SoP, says MHA
- ‘Teesta NGOs got foreign donations worth Rs 4 cr’
- Unable to pay to cheat, another student tries to kill himself in UP
- ‘Ignored’ by AAP, Mallika says won’t contest LS elections
- He didn’t want to lose a year, mother had mortgaged ring to arrange ‘bribe’
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express