Engineering student dies in road accident
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
A second year engineering student from Sinhagad College died in an accident in the early hours of Friday when he was on his way to the Lonavala railway station to receive his father who had come from Latur to visit him.
Lonavala rural police have identified the deceased as Vaibhav Keshav Akuskar, 20, who was originally from Kaij in Beed district while his family is currently in Latur. Investigating officer V N Malusare said, "His father had taken the Latur-Mumbai train and was to get down at Lonavala. Akuskar told his father that he would pick him up."