Engineering student dies in road accident
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
A second year engineering student from Sinhagad College died in an accident in the early hours of Friday when he was on his way to the Lonavala railway station to receive his father who had come from Latur to visit him.
Lonavala rural police have identified the deceased as Vaibhav Keshav Akuskar, 20, who was originally from Kaij in Beed district while his family is currently in Latur. Investigating officer V N Malusare said, "His father had taken the Latur-Mumbai train and was to get down at Lonavala. Akuskar told his father that he would pick him up."
Around 5 am, his father called Akuskar to say his train had crossed Pune. Malusare added: "Akuskar took his friend's bike. On the steep slope towards the exit from his college, he fell down off and sustained injuries on his face and head. He was not wearing a helmet. Some students rushed him to hospital where he was declared dead on arrival."