Engineering student dies in road accident
- Parliament LIVE: Jaitley has promised concrete proposals on GST, says Chidambaram
- Kashmir violence -- Omar Abdullah interview: 'It has been building up to this'
- Baton Rouge shootings: Three officers killed, suspect dead
- Grading writers, artistes is new brainwave of Culture Ministry
- Reforms not because of Cong, in spite of it... credit goes to Rao-Singh: Arun Jaitley
A second year engineering student from Sinhagad College died in an accident in the early hours of Friday when he was on his way to the Lonavala railway station to receive his father who had come from Latur to visit him.
Lonavala rural police have identified the deceased as Vaibhav Keshav Akuskar, 20, who was originally from Kaij in Beed district while his family is currently in Latur. Investigating officer V N Malusare said, "His father had taken the Latur-Mumbai train and was to get down at Lonavala. Akuskar told his father that he would pick him up."
- Congress opposition to GST does no credit to a party that opened up the economy 25 years ago
- Kashmir poses not just moral but also existential questions involving statecraft
- New FDI policy in food products is unlikely to be a game-changer by itself
- Swathi murder case in Chennai must trigger a move to enact strong witness protection laws
- A new government in Nepal does not hold out any promise of greater stability
- Kashmir is more than land, it is people