Engineering student dies in road accident
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
A second year engineering student from Sinhagad College died in an accident in the early hours of Friday when he was on his way to the Lonavala railway station to receive his father who had come from Latur to visit him.
Lonavala rural police have identified the deceased as Vaibhav Keshav Akuskar, 20, who was originally from Kaij in Beed district while his family is currently in Latur. Investigating officer V N Malusare said, "His father had taken the Latur-Mumbai train and was to get down at Lonavala. Akuskar told his father that he would pick him up."
Around 5 am, his father called Akuskar to say his train had crossed Pune. Malusare added: "Akuskar took his friend's bike. On the steep slope towards the exit from his college, he fell down off and sustained injuries on his face and head. He was not wearing a helmet. Some students rushed him to hospital where he was declared dead on arrival."
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer