Engineering student found dead in hostel room
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A third-year engineering student was found dead under suspicious circumstances in a hostel room here on Monday. Twenty-one-year-old Gursewak Singh of Patiala district, was found dead by his friends, police said.
"Gursewak's friends have told the police that they found his body in the morning in his friend's room, where he was preparing for his exams," said Nika Ram, in-charge of Ghruan police chowki.
No suicide note was found from the room and Gursewak's relatives have also not raised any suspicion, but police have registered a case .
Gursewak's father Karamjeet Singh, a head constable with the Punjab Police, said he had no suspicion on anyone.