Engineersí strike enters day 2
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
The pen down strike of the Operation and Maintenance Cell and Building Department engineers entered second day on Friday.
The engineers are protesting because one of their junior engineers, Ashwini, has been booked under Section 304 of the IPC after sewerman Naresh Kumar died while he was trying to clear the sewer lines in Focal Point about a week back. Another employee was also injured in this episode.
On Friday, the protesters met Mayor H S Gohalwaria, seeking justice. President of the association Joginder Singh Sandhu said the JE was not even present at the spot while the routine cleaning drive was on. So, the FIR against him should be quashed.
Sandhu said if they did not get justice, the engineers would intensify their stir. Due to shortage of JEs, the JE in question had more than 11 wards to take care of, and hence fixing his responsibility was not justified.