England cricketers stunned after snake appears in Kochi hotel swimming pool
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
England fast bowler Stuart Meaker decided to call off his morning dip after sighting a snake in their hotel's swimming pool in Kochi.
However, according to an eyewitness the snake was not even close to being as large and frightening, as Meaker was keen to make out, the Daily Mail reports. The reptile turned out to be a harmless water snake, which was swiftly and calmly removed by hotel staff.
England will play India in the second one-day international in Kochi on Tuesday, leading the five-match series 1-0 after winning the first ODI in Rajkot by 9 runs.