England cricketers stunned after snake appears in Kochi hotel swimming pool
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
England fast bowler Stuart Meaker decided to call off his morning dip after sighting a snake in their hotel's swimming pool in Kochi.
However, according to an eyewitness the snake was not even close to being as large and frightening, as Meaker was keen to make out, the Daily Mail reports. The reptile turned out to be a harmless water snake, which was swiftly and calmly removed by hotel staff.
England will play India in the second one-day international in Kochi on Tuesday, leading the five-match series 1-0 after winning the first ODI in Rajkot by 9 runs.