England preparing well for series against India: Jonathan Trott
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
England middle order batsman Jonathan Trott has told media persons here that the tourists are preparing well for the upcoming series.
Speaking soon after the England squad's arrival here, where they will play the first Test against India from November 15, Trott said: "You can never be over-prepared for such a big tour as this one. We went to Dubai for a few days and trained really well there in what would be sub-continental conditions. The pitches we have played on here are pretty typical of what you would find here. So, it has been very good preparation."
Fellow batsman Ian Bell said England had come armed with a versatile bowling attack that could aid batsmen in a long-pending cricket conquest of the subcontinent.
"They haven't just been good in English conditions. They were fantastic in Dubai and Abu Dhabi last year, and In Sri Lanka. We are lucky that we can do a number of different bowling attacks. I would like to think that if the batters can get runs on the board, we have an attack that can certainly take wickets," added Bell.
The second Test will be played in Mumbai from November 23 while the third and fourth Tests would be staged in Kolkata and Nagpur respectively.