England sweat over Kevin Pietersen's knee, Matt Prior's calf
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
England batsman Kevin Pietersen will travel to Melbourne for a cortisone injection on his troublesome knee on Sunday amid concerns about wicket keeper Matt Prior's calf ahead of next week's opening Ashes Test.
Pietersen faced just 10 balls on Saturday in the drawn tour match against Australia A in Hobart — his first action since mid-September — but after the injection is expected to play against a New South Wales Invitational XI in Sydney this week.
"Kevin has had a slight recurrence of that knee issue, and he'll be going to Melbourne for a scan and a cortisone injection tomorrow morning," England coach Andy Flower told reporters in Tasmania. "I don't think it's going to be a huge issue. He's had a couple of these injections before, and they've been successful.
"They've quietened the problem down, and it's obviously an ongoing issue for him. But they have been successful, and we anticipate this one being successful and anticipate him playing a full part in the Ashes tour. We're doing the jab tomorrow, so he's got a little bit of time for the jab to work before we train on Tuesday. We anticipate him playing in the Sydney game."
Prior also batted on Saturday, scoring 26, but a lower leg problem prevented him from taking the field with his gloves later on the fourth and final day of the rain-disrupted match.
"He's tweaked something in his calf," Flower said. "We're not sure of the extent of it as yet and we need to let it settle a little before we scan it. But he didn't make it much worse. He was off pretty much soon after he tweaked it. I don't think it's anything too serious and shouldn't keep him out of the first test, but lets just scan it and then we'll give you some more information."
- Terror accused wrongly jailed for 14 yrs, NHRC notices to Home Ministry, police
- SP hints no candidates against Sonia, Rahul
- In Hills, BJP gains GJM edge
- Delhi Police forms patrol teams to check pick-pocketing in Metro
- Two months to go and EC receives myriad complaints
- Maharashtra hailstorm hits crop worth Rs 5,000 cr
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress