Enter new celebrity baby names: Kal-El, Bear Blu, Jermajesty
- Not RSSâs job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Hollywood celebrities seem to have taken the Shakespearean phrase 'What's in a name?' a bit too seriously, branding their kids with bizarre monikers of late.
Latest to join the list of weird celebrity baby names is actress Uma Thurman's newborn daughter, who goes by the name Rosalind Arusha Arkadlina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson, also called as Luna.
Thurman says it was her elder daughter Maya Ray's idea to give so many names to the child. Maya is Thurman and ex-husband Ethan Hawke's daughter.
"Maya came up with the best excuse, which was that I probably wouldn't get to have any more children, so I just put every name that I liked into Luna's," Thurman had said.
R&B superstar Beyonce named her first child Blue Ivy Carter. Though she didn't comment on the baby's unusual name, some reports suggest 'Blue' has played a major part in husband Jay Z's music career while middle name 'Ivy' was chosen because of the number 4 or Roman numeral IV, which is significant in the couple's relationship.
Singer Mariah Carey and husband Nick Cannon named their twins Moroccan Scott and Monroe after the Moroccan-themed room where Cannon proposed her and the late screen siren respectively.
Iron Man star Robert Downey Jr has titled his second son Exton Elias Downey. 'Clueless' star Alicia Silverstone named her son Bear Blu and the actress said it was husband Christopher Jarecki's mother who came up with the name.
Shakira chose the name Milan Pique i Mebarak for her first child with boyfriend Gerard Pique, and the couple said they decided on the name because of its different meaning in different languages.
"It has so many meanings, Milan, means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification," the couple said in a statement.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress