Entire nation supports Anna, says Sri Sri
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- BJP for action against illegal migrants from Bangladesh: Rajnath Singh
- Black box detector to join missing Malaysian jetliner search
- India vs Australia Live Cricket Score: India lose three in a hurry
Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Sunday addressed the gathering at the Ramlila Maidan, saying the movement had picked up force across the country.
"Guru Gobind Singh once said that saint should become soldier but in this case the soldier has become the saint," he said, referring to Anna Hazare's military background. "From Kollam in Kerala to Jammu and Kashmir, from Kanpur to Junagadh, in places as far as Guwahati, in all the cities and all the villages people are saying that we are all with Anna and we support his vision," he added.
Ravi Shankar praised the crowd present. "This is perhaps the first time in the history that a protest of this magnitude and with these many people has been carried out without any incident of violence. The people need to be commended for that."
Ravi Shankar said he hoped Anna's fast would end soon and his demands fulfilled by the government. He also had words of praise for Anna's team.
- Fight from Varanasi if you want to stop Modi: RUC to Mulayam
- EC disqualfies 48 contesting candidates including ex-MP in J&K
- BJP gives TDP 24-hours to seal Andhra Pradesh alliance
- DGCA to keep an eye on air charter firms flying politicians
- BJP propagating 'politics of hatred': Sonia Gandhi
- Down in jungleland: Spring Sonata