Entrepreneurs are the happiest workers: study
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Despite working longer hours and having less time off, business owners are 50 per cent more satisfied with their jobs than those who work for others, according to a new study.
While business owners spend nearly twice as much time as employees thinking of work when outside the office, they are also three times more likely to report satisfaction with their jobs, the study found.
The survey of 2,000 business owners and employees in the UK by AXA Business Insurance found that business owners reported that their biggest motivator for working hard was to learn and challenge themselves, whereas employees cited money as their key driver, BusinessNewsDaily reported.
However, owning a business also comes with a lot of extra stress, the survey suggested. Those who own businesses were more likely than employees to report a feeling of regular or constant pressure at work.
Whereas employees cited their bosses as the biggest cause of stress, business owners reported being stressed out most by customers.
Even though business owners were just as likely as employees to find time for family, they were far less likely to take more than three weeks of vacation a year.
But despite the added stresses reported by business owners, the survey suggested that working for oneself means greater happiness and satisfaction with life in general.
The study found business owners to be 50 per cent more contented and happy with their lives than their employees.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal in¬†fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence has¬†begun
- Movie review: ‚ÄėJai ho‚Äô | The Indian Express