EO wing arrests man in Rs 35-lakh fraud
- HC rejects Dayanidhi Maran's bail plea, asks him to surrender in three days
- Parliament logjam: No end in sight as govt, opposition stick to stand
- Can't keep a watch on people who want to see porn in privacy: Govt tells SC
- 6.2-magnitude quake hits northern Afghanistan
- AAP MLA Alka Lamba booked for trespassing, damaging property
The Economic Offences (EO) wing of police department on Thursday arrested Gurvinder Singh who was involved in a fraud worth Rs 35.34 lakh. He had applied for a loan in ICICI Bank against a 200 square yard plot at Gill village in 2010. The loan was also sanctioned. However, when he failed to pay instalments, the bank checked details and found no plot at the site. The bank manager's role had also come under the scanner. Shamsher Singh, incharge of EO wing, said many other fraud cases were also pending against Gurvinder.