EO wing arrests man in Rs 35-lakh fraud
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
The Economic Offences (EO) wing of police department on Thursday arrested Gurvinder Singh who was involved in a fraud worth Rs 35.34 lakh. He had applied for a loan in ICICI Bank against a 200 square yard plot at Gill village in 2010. The loan was also sanctioned. However, when he failed to pay instalments, the bank checked details and found no plot at the site. The bank manager's role had also come under the scanner. Shamsher Singh, incharge of EO wing, said many other fraud cases were also pending against Gurvinder.