EO wing arrests man in Rs 35-lakh fraud
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The Economic Offences (EO) wing of police department on Thursday arrested Gurvinder Singh who was involved in a fraud worth Rs 35.34 lakh. He had applied for a loan in ICICI Bank against a 200 square yard plot at Gill village in 2010. The loan was also sanctioned. However, when he failed to pay instalments, the bank checked details and found no plot at the site. The bank manager's role had also come under the scanner. Shamsher Singh, incharge of EO wing, said many other fraud cases were also pending against Gurvinder.