EO wing arrests man in Rs 35-lakh fraud
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
The Economic Offences (EO) wing of police department on Thursday arrested Gurvinder Singh who was involved in a fraud worth Rs 35.34 lakh. He had applied for a loan in ICICI Bank against a 200 square yard plot at Gill village in 2010. The loan was also sanctioned. However, when he failed to pay instalments, the bank checked details and found no plot at the site. The bank manager's role had also come under the scanner. Shamsher Singh, incharge of EO wing, said many other fraud cases were also pending against Gurvinder.