EO wing arrests man in Rs 35-lakh fraud
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
The Economic Offences (EO) wing of police department on Thursday arrested Gurvinder Singh who was involved in a fraud worth Rs 35.34 lakh. He had applied for a loan in ICICI Bank against a 200 square yard plot at Gill village in 2010. The loan was also sanctioned. However, when he failed to pay instalments, the bank checked details and found no plot at the site. The bank manager's role had also come under the scanner. Shamsher Singh, incharge of EO wing, said many other fraud cases were also pending against Gurvinder.